- Editor’s note: Congratulations to the Yelm Food Co-op on serving the Yelm community for 13 years. BRAVO!
- The store’s soft opening was April 27, 2007.
- This blog covered the official grand opening the following year during Prairie Days, Saturday, June 28, 2008. Click here
- Open to the public – do stop in and say hello.
- From the Yelm Food Co-op:
April 27th, 2007 we opened our little store in Yelm
and 13 years later we’re still here!
We began at the Frontier Plaza on Mosman and 1st Street operating there until April 2012 when we moved to Yelm Ave, co-locating with Gordon’s Garden Center where you find us today.
A huge shout out to all our wonderful members, Working Members, volunteers, staff, board members, committee members and all the other customers who have supported this dream of a member owned grocery store, the Yelm Food Co-op!
We will have a belated celebration in the store when we can do samples and stand close to each other again!
Without you this would not have been possible!
Blogger Klein is a Yelm Food Co-op founding and current member.