Gina Blanchard-Reed is a Republican candidate for Washington State Senate 2nd Legislative District, to replace retiring Randi Becker.
- Editor’s note: Gina Blanchard-Reed reached-out to me to introduce herself and vision for her campaign and the senate seat.
- Being properly social distanced, I recently sat down with Gina in Yelm to learn about the experience and passion she brings to the table.
- Gina loves visiting Yelm and looks forward to meeting more of our community as possible when conditions allow.
- Click here for the Press Release of Gina Blanchard-Reed for State Senate.
- UPDATE: May 18, 2020 – The Mountain News interviewed Gina Blanchard-Reed, used with permission. Click here
The following is a partial listing of Gina’s qualifications:
- Fire Commissioner for Graham Fire & Rescue (since 2016) (elected as Vice Chair, Chair) (serves on the Legislative Affairs committee) (endorsed by Local 726-Pierce County Firefighters, SE Thurston, Skyway and Boeing Firefighters, Vancouver Fire, and DuPont)
- Nonprofit leadership includes working at Care Net Pregnancy & Family Services, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Thurston County and now serving as the executive director of the 2nd largest Domestic Violence shelter in the state of Washington
- Masters Degree in Nonprofit Leadership from Seattle University
- Elected as a National Delegate to the Republican National Convention in 2016 and selected by peers to be the female representative on the Rules Committee from Washington state
- Active in local politics for decades
- Personal information: lived in Graham since 2009, raised two children (homeschooled), was an art teacher, volunteer. Loves to garden, hike and ride my motorcycle.
- Read more