- Editor’s note: Four years ago, then County Commission candidate Gary Edwards said in Yelm he would run for only one term.
- Now, Commissioner Edwards has become a candidate for re-election.
- Lacey City Council member Michael Steadman is quite the formidable challenger with a youthful passion, vast experience, and a vision to the future needed during the challenges of this era.
- The time has come to move beyond the past with a qualified leader for the new normal.
- LD2 position 1 Rep. Andrew Barkis is running unopposed for re-election.
- Here’s who’s running statewide in the Aug. 4 primary election (and in a hot congressional race)
Veteran, Lacey Councilor Michael Steadman challenges Gary Edwards
“Local veteran and Lacey City Council member Michael Steadman has announced his bid to move the OUR County Commission forward. Thurston County is an economically diverse, environmentally conscious and tight-knit community. Michael seeks to prepare us for the growth and opportunity that awaits the county in the near future. He will accomplish this through a commitment to the Three I’s – Innovation, Inclusion and Infrastructure.”
“Michael’s vast experience as a Lacey City Councilman, businessman, Veteran and father has shaped his strong character into a valued community member. As a City Councilman, he understands the challenges of the community. His military service taught him loyalty and honor. His days as a sheet metal worker taught him the importance of respect, working with others and having a strong organized workforce. His hard efforts and growth as a small businessman have given him the understanding and importance of how local business is a driving force to the economic impact of the community. Michael firmly believes that small business creates jobs and opportunity for everyone and are a vital path to the prosperity of the community.
“Michael Steadman has the qualities and experience required to serve as the Thurston County Commissioner for District 2. He seeks and is grateful for your vote on November 3, 2020. Together, we will thrive into the future,” by Citizens for Michael Steadman. Read more