“With state’s OK, Thurston County moves to Phase 2 of re-opening. Here’s what that means”
“Thurston County has been approved to move to Phase 2 of Gov. Jay Inslee’s four-phase plan to gradually re-open the state from restrictions that have been in place in response to COVID-19, according to a news release from the state health department’s Joint Information Center.”
“The approval is effective immediately, and the OK from Washington State Secretary of Health John Wiesman comes less than 24 hours after Thurston submitted its application.”
“Businesses and activities that can re-open in Phase 2, with social distancing measures and health standards in place, include:
- Gatherings of up to five people outside a household per week;
- Outdoor recreation, such as camping, with five or fewer people from outside a household;
- In-home/domestic services, such as nannies and housecleaning;
- In-store retail purchases, with restrictions;
- Hair and nail salons;
- Pet grooming;
- Restaurants, at less than 50% capacity, with tables seating no more than five people and no bar-area seating;
- Office-based businesses, though telework will still be encouraged.
Businesses that reopen are required to comply with specific guidelines set by the state. More about the governor’s gradual re-opening plan is available online: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/what-you-need-know/safe-start,” by Sara Gentzler, The Olympian. Read more
Post a comment
when can Thurston county open with phase 2
The afternoon of Wednesday, May 27, 2020.
By submitting a comment you grant Yelm Community Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.