“Trump’s niece is publishing a tell-all book that says she leaked tax documents to help The New York Times investigate the president’s finances”
- President Donald Trump’s niece Mary L. Trump is publishing a book that will reveal herself to be the primary source of a New York Times investigation into the president’s finances, The Daily Beast reported.
- Mary Trump will say she supplied The Times with confidential family tax documents, The Daily Beast said.
- The Times investigation later revealed that the president wasn’t a self-made man but had his father bolster his failing businesses in the 1990s with hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Mary Trump is the daughter of Fred Trump Jr., the president’s older brother who died in 1981 at the age of 42 from complications of alcoholism.
- People familiar with the book told The Daily Beast that Mary Trump would also accuse her uncle of playing a part in her father’s death.
By Ashley Collman, Business Insider. Read more
Lachlan Cartwright, Senior Reporter at The Daily Beast, broek this story. Read more