Editor’s note: This story exclaims America has a democratic emergency:
- The Week Magazine: The Trump campaign is reportedly ‘discussing contingency plans to bypass election results’
- Introducing Barton Gellman, one of three journalists chosen by Edward Snowden to share his story when he passed on his knowledge about U. S. government surveillance on Americans. Gellman is one of the country’s premier investigative reporters and authored the book Dark Mirror.
- The Atlantic published Gelman’s latest report: “The Election That Could Break America” – “If the vote is close, Donald Trump could easily throw the election into chaos and subvert the result. Who will stop him?”
- Trump won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election
- This is a democratic emergency, says Dartmouth professor Brendan Nyhan on MSNBC’s Morning Joe [about Trump not committing to a peaceful transfer of power]
- Nyhan said this is “A period of unique vulnerability” and “This is a democratic emergency” and “This is how countries slide out of democracy and into Authoritarianism” and “A 5-alarm fire for democracy”
- Bottom line: This is very serious for a Constitutional Republic!
“When nearly 500 national security leaders, including 22 retired four-star military officers, urge voters to replace a president with his rival, it matters.”
Click here for the document: “AN OPEN LETTER TO AMERICA“
** MORE TRUMP NEWS YESTERDAY **