- Editor’s note: The outpouring of grief around the country due to the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been heard.
- RBG will lie in repose Wednesday & Thursday outside the Supreme Court,
- House Speaker Pelosi announced RBG’s casket will lie Friday in National Statuary Hall in the Capitol,
- The only other Supreme Court Justice to lie in-state in the Capitol was Chief Justice and President William Howard Taft.
- President Trump will postpone sending to the Senate his replacement Court nominee until Friday, after RBG’s funeral services.
“Justice Ginsburg to be honored at U.S. Supreme Court, Capitol”
“The body of late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who died last week at age 87, will lie in repose outside the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday and Thursday so members of the public can pay their respects before she lies in state at the U.S. Capitol on Friday.
“There has been an outpouring of public mourning for the iconic liberal justice, who became a pop culture icon in recent years, even as President Donald Trump and his fellow Republicans who control the Senate seek to replace her with a conservative justice before the Nov. 3 presidential election.
“Crowds have gathered outside the court building, leaving flowers and other items in tribute, ever since her death on Friday from complications of pancreatic cancer.
“A private ceremony will take place at the court on Wednesday morning, attended by Ginsburg’s family, friends and other Supreme Court justices, a court statement said on Monday. Some of Ginsburg’s former law clerks will serve as pallbearers and will be lined up on the court’s steps when the casket arrives.”
“On Friday, the casket will be placed in the National Statuary Hall in the Capitol, House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a separate statement. A private ceremony will be held, Pelosi added,” by Lawrence Hurley, NBC News. Read more