From the Seattle/Tacoma National Weather Service:
- FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY
- AFFECTED AREA…Southwest Interior Lowlands.
- WINDS…East 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY…As low as 10-20 percent.
- IMPACTS…A combination of moderate breezes, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to rapid rates of spread and down-wind spotting on existing fires.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… A Fire Weather Watch means that there is a potential for critical fire weather conditions to develop.
- Monitor the forecasts for possible Red Flag Warnings.
- Click here for the alert.