- Editor’s note: Jefffrey Goldberg’s excellent investigative report in The Atlantic has been verified independently by FOX News, The Washington Post, The Associated Press and other media.
- Click here for The Atlantic report.
- President Trump’s alleged disdain for the military has drawn a firestorm of outrage, while he and The White House issue their usual denials.
- These are just some of the headlines in the last 48 hours:
Trump often sees an American landscape of ‘losers’ and ‘suckers’ – Analysis: The Atlantic’s report that the president callously dismissed dead American soldiers stands to reinforce his past disregard for sacrifice.
MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow: Reports of Trump disparaging veterans resonates with what we know [Ed. note: A must-see summary from the last 3.5 years!]
MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow: Mary Trump Shares Family Anecdote Of Trump Disdain For Military Service
After my partner was killed in Iraq, Trump didn’t come to Dover. Now I know why. [Ed. note: Trump has reportedly been to Dover only 4 times during his Presidency.]
“I am the son of one of those “losers” and “suckers” as Captain Herman H Fischer was killed [65 years ago] when I was five years old flying a USAF bomber…My brother and I both volunteered to serve in the USAF during the Vietnam War. He for four years and I for 8.”
Rachel Maddow about Vote Vets.org: Gold Star Father Ad and Trump Losing Ad
Vote Vets.org ad – Gold Stars, as stated by their mothers and fathers
- Editor’s note: What is an American Gold Star family?
- If an immediate family member died serving in the armed forces of the United States, during any period of war or hostilities in which the armed forces of the United States were engaged, a gold star is issued.
- This allowed members of the community to know the price that the family had paid in the cause of freedom.
- Click here to learn about the Gold Star from the United States Army.
- Click here to hear from Gold Star parents speaking about Trump!
- Gold Star father Khizr Khan: ‘Trump is incapable of understanding service, valor and courage’
- Gold Star mom: Trump ‘doesn’t seem to have a concept of service’
- Gold Star father speaking out in ad