- Editor’s note: I recently had the sincere pleasure to be introduced by Thurston Democrats Chair Victor Minjares to Sharonda D. Amamilo.
- Sharonda is a Thurston County Superior Court Judge Candidate.
- Ms. Amamilo was a Primary winner @ 45%, on the Nov. ballot.
- Brings a wealth of experience including as an attorney and as Chief Warrant Officer Four (CW4) with the U.S. Army Reserves, 22 years of military service.
- Sharonda and husband, Reuben, have 7 children and 3 grandchildren.
- Become an informed voter about Sharonda for County Judge! Click here
- Yelm’s Blogger endorses Sharonda for County Judge.
- The following excerpts are from the candidate’s website:
About Sharonda D. Amamilo, Thurston County Superior Court Judge Candidate
“I am driven by a belief that justice requires diversity of thought, experiences, cultures, and compassion. My decision to pursue the Thurston County Superior Court Judge position came when it was clear that I could contribute even more to the community by serving the citizens of Thurston County as a partner of the people, bringing compassionate and courteous deliberation and objective decision-making to all seeking justice.
“As your next Thurston County Superior Court Judge, I will treat you and your matter with the respect and dignity that each of you deserve – no matter the party, no matter the issue. Justice requires no less.
“My experiences with my own family motivated me to learn the law so I could protect those closest to me from deep-rooted systemic injustice. It is because of those experiences that I am committed to protecting the constitutional rights of all citizens, bringing diversity of experience and background to objectively deliberate, educate, and render compassionate justice to litigants appearing before the court; many with traumatic backgrounds.” Read more
Her Vision: Justice for All is Sharonda’s #1 Priority!
“Thurston County deserves a Superior Court Judge who is a passionate practitioner who is actively engaged in various levels of systemic change and strategic planning. Someone committed to protecting the constitutional rights of all citizens, bringing diversity of experience and background to objectively deliberate, educate, and render compassionate justice to families and individuals appearing before the court.
“These qualities are essential to an equitable, efficient justice system, and that’s why I am running for election as the People’s Judge in the 2020 Thurston County Superior Court election race.
“I’ve served in Thurston County for 12 years. I’ve represented indigent juveniles, parents, and legal guardians who have become parties to a juvenile criminal action and clients suffering from mental health or substance abuse disorders in the County’s involuntary commitment hearings and in its therapeutic treatment courts. I am actively engaged in various levels of systems change and strategic planning at the department, county, and national levels with the purpose of continually assessing the services provided to our county’s residents.”
“I would be honored to receive your vote for Thurston County Superior Court Judge, Position 8 in the August 4 primary and November 3 general elections.” Read more