- Editor’s note: 2020 has seen one of the most contentious elections in our lifetimes.
- The Washington Post Opinions page says: Trump may be running the sleaziest presidential campaign ever.
- Nowhere has this been demonstrated more clearly than in the outright voter suppression on a scale never seen here.
- White America has finally awakened to what Black Americans have known for generations – the lengths to intimidate and suppress the vote.
- These select stories outline the depths of such desperation!
[Thanks and appreciation to Shelley Lucas for collating this list.]
The Center for Public Integrity: Trump reshaped the courts. Now his lawyers want them to limit voting
BALLOT DROP BOXES:
+ Texas counties can offer only one drop-off ballot location, federal appeals court rules, upholding Gov. Greg Abbott’s order
+ Federal judge issues scathing decision to allow more ballot drop boxes in Ohio
SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS:
VOTER ROLL PURGING:
+ In Ohio, voter list purges and strict ID law could suppress turnout
+ Wisconsin Supreme Court Hears Arguments In Voter Purge, Mail-In + Ballot Cases
+ List maintenance or voter purge? Georgia notorious in left-right divide
VOTER ID LAWS:
+ Supreme Court ruling on Voting Rights Act opened floodgates for new restrictions
+ Block The Vote: Texas Voter ID Laws + Gerrymandering In Michigan
+ There’s a new ruling on voter ID in North Carolina. What does it mean?