The Eviction Rent Assistance Program (ERAP) is intended to prevent evictions by paying past due, current, due and future rent, targeting limited resources to those with the greatest needs while working to distribute the funds equitably.
The goals of the program are:
- Prevent evictions
- Target limited resources to people most likely to become homeless after eviction
- Target limited resources to people most likely to suffer severe health consequences as a result of the eviction
- Promote equity in who is served, with a focus on equity for groups of people who historically have not been provided equitable access to rent assistance and those who have disproportionately been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak: Latinx or Hispanic, young adults, Black or African American, American Indian and Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.
Households must meet two initial screening criteria:
- Current Income (over last 60 days) at or below 50% of Area Median Income
- At least one month of rent not paid or partially unpaid since March 1, 2020