- Editor’s note: December 14, 2020 will be a day that will live in history!
- The Constitution of the United States withheld an assault as the Electoral College affirmed the President-elect is Joe Biden, Vice President-elect is Kamala Harris. WaPo: Electoral college affirms Biden’s victory
- AP: In a first, leading Republicans call Biden president-elect
- The first U.S. COVID-19 vaccines were distributed and administered.
- What could have been a triumphant celebration by Trump, saw only one tweet on the subject at 6:24am Eastern time: First Vaccine Administered. Congratulations USA! Congratulations WORLD! Trump was focused on the electoral voting instead!
- US surpasses 300,000 COVID-19 deaths, yet not a word from a word of empathy or sympathy from Trump (Pathetic).
- On Dec. 14, 1799, the 1st U. S. President George Washington died.
Peter Baker in The New York Times summed up the day: A Day That Settled an Election and Brought Hope for Defeating a Pandemic – “I honestly can’t recall two independent events of such extreme importance occurring on the same day,” said one historian. “A good day,” said another.
Bottom line: Unfortunately, American politics has become a polarized warfare of grievances, rather than what has historically been a process for mediation of differences. No wonder citizens mistrust their government.
SELECT REGIONAL NEWS FROM MONDAY
Introducing Yelm-based All Cotton Creations by Le’ene Sherwood featuring All-cotton cylindrical therapeutic neck pillows – excellent Christmas gifts available this Saturday at the Yelm Farmers Market or purchase online.
** TRUMP NEWS **
The Detroit News: Michigan election officials slam report on votes in Antrim County
NorthJersey.com: U.S. attorney for New Jersey, Craig Carpenito, to resign next month [Ed. note: Are the rats jumping ship with Barr?]
Glenn Greenwald: The Case For a Pardon of Edward Snowden by President Trump
ACLU from 2013: Edward Snowden is a Patriot
Isaac Saul Tweet: Any pro-Trump Republican calling Snowden a “traitor” while simultaneously riffing about the “deep state” is a delusional hypocrite. Any anti-Trump Dems calling Snowden a “traitor” while also claiming they want law enforcement/military accountability is a delusional hypocrite.