- Editor’s note: President Trump waited until Sunday evening to sign the pandemic relief bill, averting a government shutdown by mere hours, and caused great distress from uncertainty for Americans during the Christmas Weekend of a pandemic.
- That Trump’s delay in signing this bill also delayed employment benefits for a week to 12-14 million citizens, is a travesty!
- Trump played golf all weekend while the U.S. was in crisis.
- CNN Trump feels no pressure to be President while Americans suffer at Christmas
- This man’s callus disregard for hurting people has no bounds!
- And what is with President Trump calling himself “pro-life” when he has done little to lead the nation in limiting the COVID-19 crisis, with over 330,000 virus deaths in the U.S. while on his “watch”?
- Pro-life? Hogwash!
*** TOP STORIES ***
MSNBC’s American Voices: ‘You have a president who is increasingly out of touch while Americans are dying’
AP: Trump’s presidential legacy, by the numbers [i.e. “315: Days Trump has visited a golf course as president, according to Factba.se, a data analytics company.” Recall 2016 candidate Trump excoriated Obama for playing golf and said he would, instead, be our working President?]
*** SELECT REGIONAL, NATIONAL STORIES ***
Seattle Times: Yelm letter writer makes a valuable point: Global order: U.S. must re-enter international arena
McClatchy News: As monarch butterflies face extinction, U.S. wildlife officials opt not to protect them [Ed. note: Another Trump legacy!]
NBC News: In very different Christmas messages, Biden discusses Covid and Trump barely makes reference – Nearly 330,000 Americans have died from the virus, and there are over 18.7 million confirmed cases in the U.S.