Yelm Planning Commission conducted only six 2020 meetings
- Yelm’s Planning Commission did not convene online April through June inclusive during the first COVID-19 wave.
- Then, the Planning Commission cancelled their February, November, and December meetings, 25% of the total monthly sessions.
- Therefore, 50% of the total of all monthly meetings did not occur in 2020.
- If a January 2021 meeting is convened, the Commission will not have met for an entire 3 months straight.
- I wrote to the Planning Commission asking for an explanation and did not even receive the courtesy of a response.
- The city’s website states, “Planning Commission meetings are held at 4 p.m. on the third Monday of each month.”
- “The Yelm Planning Commission advises the City Council on all planning and development issues.” How can they do so if they do not meet?
- Why are the public’s interest not a top priority of this citizen committee? They should convene whether they have agenda items or not. The public has a right to be able to engage with them on-the-record!