- Editor’s note: Last week we had Insurrection Week, this week we had Impeachment Week, and next week we have Inauguration Week.
- Former Google ethicist Tristan Harris says the Netflix documentary, The Social Dilemma, “predicted so much of what happened on January 6th.” Harris says the Capitol insurrection was a manifestation of the social media business model leading us to “a more and more extreme view of reality.” Harris added, ‘We have been watching different movies of reality’ during his interview on MSNBC’s The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell.
- “The January 6 insurrection was a last gasp for white supremacy,” by Anand Giridharadas, publisher of The.Ink.
- The insurrectionists are not the future, rather are fighting to hold onto the past: a White, Male, Christian dominated America that is losing grip after centuries of dominance and control.
- Next week, we inaugurate a new President, Joe Biden, and our first Vice President, a first for a woman, a first for a person of color, Kamala Harris.
- I look to the future while the relics of the past fight to hold on, yet are falling away.
- The future I envision is one where all peoples are equally accepted and different points of view are considered, respected, and honored from: women, First Nations, people of color, our LGBTQ community, immigrants, and those of all faiths.
*** REGIONAL NEWS ***
JOLT News: County health officer sent additional guidance to school officials today – Schools can plan to expand in-person classes as soon as Jan. 25
McClatchy News: Loren Culp, who lost Washington governor race by 13% ends fraud lawsuit [the lawsuit was dismissed “with prejudice,” which means the lawsuit can’t be refiled.]
Washington State House of Republicans: Republican leaders answer media questions in response to governor’s inaugural address
The Air Current: Boeing’s MCAS on the 737 MAX may not have been needed at all
Ask The Pilot: So Long (and Good Riddance) to CNN Airport News
*** CORONAVIRUS NEWS ***
Vox Media: Still going to the grocery store? With new virus variants spreading, it’s probably time to stop. – Health experts say you should avoid optional trips whenever you can. You probably need a better mask, too.
The Norwegian Medicines Agency: 23 deaths associated with covid-19 vaccination [Pfizer/BioNTech shot] of which 13 have been assessed. Common adverse reactions may have contributed to a severe course in elderly people who are frail.
*** NATIONAL NEWS ***
U. S. Dept. of Defense: Joint Chiefs Stress Service Members’ Commitment to Constitution
Daily Beast: MyPillow Guy Presents Trump With ‘China’ Election-Fraud Theory, Lawyers Send Him Packing [Click here for a close-up of his notes.]
UK Daily Mail: BLM activist egged on Capitol rioters: Left-winger who told CNN he was there simply to document the siege is arrested after video reveals he smashed a window, told rioters he had a knife and shouted ‘we got to get this s**t burned’
The Nation: I No Longer Trust Law Enforcement to Keep Biden and Harris Safe on Inauguration Day – The siege of the Capitol revealed what most Black people already knew: Law enforcement is in league with Trumpism.
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah: Jordan Klepper Sees It All at The Capitol Insurrection
*** TRUMP NEWS FROM FRIDAY ***
Intelligencer: Trump Is on the Verge of Losing Everything