- Ed. note: Congress must now perform their Constitutional duty to remove President Trump from the Office of the President for insurrection. This man is no longer capable of being President.
- To incite people to march to the Capitol to disrupt the U. S. Congress in session performing the count of electors’ votes is against the Presidential Oath to uphold, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
- Trump has always pandered to his base by playing the victim, saying they are aggrieved by their government, and therefore are victims, too.
- Trump said he alone would lead to fix government, drain the swamp.
- What was his plan for when he usurped the Constitution and gutted the government? We now know – to be a Dictator for life!
- This time, the Constitution held!
- We must put safeguards in place this never happens again!
- UPDATE 9:30am PST: Schumer calls on Pence to use 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office
- CNBC: ‘I can’t stay here’ — Mick Mulvaney resigns from Trump administration, expects others to follow [President Trump’s former chief of staff resigned as special U.S. envoy to Northern Ireland.]
“President Donald Trump finally committed to “an orderly transition” of power Thursday minutes after Congress confirmed President-elect Joe Biden’s election win.
“The striking reversal came hours after a violent mob of the president’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, and followed weeks of Trump and his allies fighting the election results.
“‘Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th,’ Trump said, according to a statement attributed to him and released by the White House.