- Editor’s note: This story in The Olympian should grab the attention of every voter in SE Thurston County and SW Pierce, since Rep. McCune is one of the 4:
- “4 Republican Washington state senators announce formation of ‘Freedom Caucus’“
- The members are Sens. Doug Ericksen of Ferndale, Mike Padden of Spokane Valley, Phil Fortunato of Auburn, and former Pierce County Council member Jim McCune of Graham.
- A “catalyst” for forming the caucus was that Republican caucuses in the Senate and House of Representatives “refused to force a special session by denying the governor his proclamations” last year.
- Will this also lead to QAnon adherents in our state legislature?
*** REGIONAL NEWS THURSDAY ***
McClatchey News: WA state health officials want you to cancel Super Bowl parties as a COVID-19 precaution. “You can link in your typical game day buddies by video or text chat.”
South Sound Business: Opinion: Tacoma Has the Potential to Develop Into a Cybersecurity Economic Hub
*** NATIONAL NEWS THURSDAY ***
Associated Press: Fox News and three hosts sued for $2.7 billion by voting machine company over election-fraud claims [Ed. note: Murdoch’s FOX News entertainment network spewing garbage is finally being challenged!]
Salon: Billionaire Family Bankrolled Election Lies, Far Right and the Capitol Siege [funded the far-right social network Parler]
*** POLITICAL NEWS THURSDAY ***
CNBC: Former President Donald Trump quit SAG-AFTRA, the union of actors, broadcasters and performing artists, after the union had taken steps to potentially revoke Trump’s membership for his incitement of the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.
MSNBC’s Deadline White House: Atlanta Journal-Constitution reporter: GA Republicans were worried about this exact scenario with Marjorie Taylor Greene