- Editor’s note: Seattle’s KOMO-4 TV reported, “Attempted takeover of Olympia hotel by homeless activists ends in 10 arrests“
- The homeless activists said, “We could have housed everyone here for a week with the money spent on the police response.”
- Yes, that’s right, so look what consequences their actions wrought for the taxpayers of Olympia & Thurston County from the work of the Olympia PD and the Thurston County Swat Team! And now court and jail costs.
- While the homeless activists group was so concerned about getting funds for the homeless, they should have thought about the consequences BEFORE they did this.
- Seeking anarchy via a take-over of a private business and terrorizing hotel employees is violence, no other way to cut it, in my humble opinion.
- MLK, Jr., Gandhi, etc. all said and demonstrated that violence does not work in advocating for a cause.
- I have no sympathy for this group. Their mission was lost. This is best:
- “Following occupation of downtown hotel, Olympia officials say they don’t plan to meet group’s demands,” quoting Jolt News. [Ed. note: Bravo!]
*** SELECT REGIONAL NEWS FROM MONDAY ***
*** SELECT CORONAVIRUS NEWS FROM MONDAY ***
South Sound Business: Learn How to Curb COVID Spread in the Workplace with New OSHA Guidance
*** SELECT NATIONAL NEWS FROM MONDAY ***
New York Times: 77 Days: Trump’s Campaign to Subvert the Election – Hours after the United States voted, the president declared the election a fraud — a lie that unleashed a movement that would shatter democratic norms and upend the peaceful transfer of power.