*** TRUMP’S DOJ WAS WEAPONIZED BY 2 AGs***
- Editor’s note: We should not view Trump’s actions under the perspective that he exited the political stage, never to return again like Richard Nixon after his resignation.
- Rather, Trump remains the de-facto leader of the GOP and his party’s presidential frontrunner in 2024 if he decides to run again.
- As more of Trump’s malfeasance is revealed, all Americans should be aware how our democracy is currently so tenuous.
- Trump blamed the “Deep State” of spying on him during the transition from the Obama Administration, then soon after he took office and after the firing of Gen. Flynn, Trump weaponized the DOJ to go after his perceived enemies in another branch of government, Congress – the Legislative branch.
- Trump did worst than any perceived “Deep State” of which he said he was victimized.
- Americans should be angry that a U.S. President politicized the DOJ to go after his perceived enemies!
- Select reports here:
+ The New York Times [broke this story]: Hunting Leaks, Trump Officials Focused on Democrats in Congress – As the Justice Department investigated who was behind leaks of classified information early in the Trump administration, it took a highly unusual step. Prosecutors subpoenaed Apple for data from at least two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, aides and family members. One was a minor.
+ Politico: Adam Schiff calls for investigation after report of his phone records being seized by Trump DOJ – The New York Times reported that the department hunted for leakers behind the distribution of classified information early in the Trump administration.