*** TRUMP NEWS FROM TUESDAY ***
- Editor’s note: Never in the history of our nation has a President attempted to overturn the election results. Yesterday, we learned President Trump used his the Justice Dept. as his own attorney to overturn the election during the transition.
- Folks, I have stated many times here that we are on the verge of autocracy! This is very dangerous to our democracy and needs a thorough investigation. And we are not united in this assault on our country, imperiling the U.S.!
- NBC News: Emails detail Trump’s pressure on DOJ to overturn election
- Axios: Between December 2020 and early January, Trump and his allies repeatedly pressed senior DOJ officials to investigate baseless conspiracy theories and challenge election results, according to documents released by the House Oversight Committee.
- Truthout: Trump White House Pressured DOJ to Investigate Baseless Claims of Election Fraud
- The Washington Post: We’re learning more about how Trump leveraged his power to bolster his election fantasies
In other Trump news:
+ The New York Times: Trump Executive Could Face Charges as Soon as This Summer – An investigation into Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization’s finance chief, appears to be heading into its final stages as prosecutors increase pressure on him.
+ The New York Times: In Congress, Republicans Shrug at Warnings of Democracy in Peril – As G.O.P. legislatures move to curtail voting rules, congressional Democrats say authoritarianism looms, but Republicans dismiss the concerns as politics as usual.
+ MSNBC 11th Hour: Speaker Trump? What could happen if GOP retakes the majority [Ed. note: Unless Trump is indicted and in trials.]