Joe DePinto officially holds Yelm Mayoral kick-off
Yelm city council member Joe DePinto held a formal, mayoral campaign kick-off Saturday evening, July 24th at the Nisqually Spings Farm, Yelm. Invited guests present included members of the Nisqually Tribe, friends, family, and long-time supporters. The event was catered by Yelm’s Jerk Juicy BBQ, to the delight of all.
- DePinto gave an unscripted talk with a handout about his community priorities if elected:
- 1. Public Safety – intends to push for 2 officers on-duty at all times,
- 2. Work on traffic congestion bringing together WSDOT and regional leaders,
- 3. Focus on Yelm’s economy, working to diversify businesses here,
- 4. With alot of growth on the horizon here, good planning requires the supporting infrastructure needs,
- 5. Reiterated his advocacy for open transparency in city government.
+ Joe DePinto is the only current council member to have never missed a city council meeting or study session.
+ Joe DePinto is is the only Yelm city council member who has received the Assn. of WA. Cities (AWC) Certificate of Municipal Leadership (2020) and the AWC Advanced Certificate of Municipal Leadership (2021).
+ Editor’s note: Joe DePinto has kept his word in championing his previous campaign promises since taking elective office. He has been steadfast in transparency by constantly keeping the public informed via social media. The city needs Joe’s youth, vigor, vision and joviality. The time has come to end 2 decades of dictatorial mayors who did not communicate with their own constituents – and mayors that had an extraordinary amount of staff turn-over, where transparency was a mere slogan and not practiced.
From Joe DePinto for Mayor of Yelm:
Our town! Our time! Joe DePinto for Mayor of Yelm!
Click here for the video.
Blogger Klein is a supporter/contributor of DePinto for Mayor