One month and counting without any measurable rainfall
- Ed. note: The dry season historically begins here after July 10th. This year, the last date of any measurable rainfall was June 15. There is no rain in the forecast for the rest of July. And August is usually the driest and hottest moth.
Click here for the statistics from NOAA at Olympia’s Regional Airport. Then click in the month under View Station Data.
+ The Olympian: Gov. Inslee declares statewide drought emergency – the new emergency proclamation affects all of Thurston County
The state Department of Ecology offers some of these additional tips on its website:
- Use a leak-free, high efficiency toilet, and use a wastebasket for trash.
- Turn off the water while shaving or brushing teeth.
- If you take a bath, plug the drain right away and adjust the temperature as you fill the tub.
- Turn off the water while you lather when washing your hands.
- Thaw foods in the refrigerator overnight instead of using water.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and make sure to use the appropriate water level or load size selection when washing clothes.