- Editor’s note: The first measurable rain of 1/100″ was recorded at Oly Airport on Aug. 26.
- Thursday marked 72 consecutive days without rain, a new record, breaking 1960’s 55 days.
- Today marks 76 consecutive days with only .01 of an inch of measurable rain since June 15, with no rain in the this week’s forecast.
- July recorded only a trace of precipitation, August recorded 1/100 of an inch.
- With no rain forecast this coming week, this area could surpass 80 days with only 1/100″ all summer.
- Why is this important? Water concerns/restrictions will be on the horizon if sufficient winter rains do not come.
*** REGIONAL NEWS FROM THE WEEKEND ***
+ The News Tribune: A growing mountain of shipping containers in Tacoma is latest pandemic symbol
+ KING-5 TV: State workers frustrated over vaccine mandate protest in Olympia – Some employees who fall under the state’s vaccine mandate argued they shouldn’t be forced to get the shot.
+ KING-5 TV: Washington state employees union sues Gov. Inslee over COVID-19 vaccine mandate – The lawsuit aims to block the mandate from going into effect until the state and the union reach a bargaining agreement.
+ Spokesman-Review (Spokane): With Opt-Out Deadline Looming, Washington’s Long-Term Care Benefit and Tax Draws Praise, Criticism
*** VIRUS NEWS FROM THE WEEKEND ***
KING-5 TV: Denmark, with 71% vaccination, ending COVID restrictions with one of the highest COVID-19 vaccination rates in the world, is dropping its domestic restrictions including its “coronavirus passport.”
*** NATIONAL NEWS FROM THE WEEKEND ***
The Washington Post via MSN: There’s no escape from Facebook, even if you don’t use it
Edward Snowden: Every iPhone will search itself for whatever Apple wants, or for whatever Apple is directed to want. They are inventing a world in which every product you purchase owes its highest loyalty to someone other than its owner.
*** TRUMP NEWS FROM THE WEEKEND ***