- Editor’s note: I post news about Trump on this blog because so much of his party is still influenced by his attempt to control the outcome of future elections, subverting voting rights, and even democracy itself.
- This story should serve as a cautionary warning published in The Washington Post:
- Trump allies work to place supporters in key election posts across the country, spurring fears about future vote challenges
- Democracy is coming to an end in this country when election integrity has been corrupted right down to local governments. The 2022 elections will be the bellwether of that occurring.
- All authoritarian rulers have used this very playbook for centuries to overthrow the will of their people.
*** REGIONAL NEWS FROM MONDAY ***
+ KING-5 TV: Sea-Tac Airport sees up to 150% increase in holiday travelers over 2020 – An estimated 1.5 million travelers would mark a 150% increase over 2020 at Sea-Tac
+ CNBC: [Seattle-based] Amazon poised to pass UPS, FedEx in U.S. deliveries by early 2022, exec says
+ The [Centralia] Chronicle: Commentary: State Is Painting Lipstick on Its One-of-a-Kind, Long-Term-Care Law
*** NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL NEWS FROM MONDAY ***
MSNBC’s The Reidout Blog: Ahead of the 2022 elections, Facebook’s toxicity is rearing its head again – A recent report outlined executives’ refusal to take aggressive action against hate speech.
The Washington Post: Twitter CEO and founder Jack Dorsey is stepping down
The Washington Post: Barbados to cast off Queen Elizabeth II, declare itself a republic
*** VIRUS NEWS FROM MONDAY ***
*** TRUMP NEWS FORM MONDAY ***
The Washington Post: Trump allies work to place supporters in key election posts across the country, spurring fears about future vote challenges [Ed. note: Democracy is coming to an end in this country when election integrity has been corrupted right down to local precincts!]
MSNBC’s Maddow Blog: New Covid variant leads to new Republican conspiracy theory – The omicron variant should lead to questions about transmissibility, severity, and vaccines. Ronny Jackson went in a very different direction.
CNN via MSN: How long can Mitch McConnell ignore Donald Trump?