- Editor’s note: The sudden and unexpected passing of Stephen Sondheim on Friday, Nov. 26 at age 91 shook Broadway and stages around the world. As has been said by many, there will never be another lyricist and musician like Sondheim.
- Kennedy Center Honors: Stephen Sondheim honored in Dec. 1993. Click here for the tribute video.
- CBS News Sunday Morning Video: Patti LuPone one-on-one with Stephen Sondheim: In 2020 Patti LuPone (star of the new Broadway revival of “Company”) spoke with musical theater legend Stephen Sondheim for “CBS Sunday Morning,” to discuss his craft, his favorite character, and his college acting career. With the passing of Sondheim on Friday, November 26 at age 91, we offer their conversation – and her appreciation of Sondheim’s artistry.
- CBS The Late Show With Stephen Colbert: Sept. 2021 interview- Stephen Sondheim Is Still Writing New Works, As “Company” Returns To Broadway
- DNYUZ: Days Before Dying, Stephen Sondheim Reflected: ‘I’ve Been Lucky’ – his last interview 5 days before his passing.
- And who could forget the video tribute to Sondheim on his 90th birthday during lockdown: “The Ladies Who Lunch” with Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski & Audra McDonald”
- R.I.P. Stephen, and thank you for what you gave the world – an honest refection of the human condition.
*** REGIONAL NEWS FROM THE WEEKEND ***
+ CBS News 60 Minutes: How hazing led to the death of WSU fraternity pledge Sam Martinez. Anderson Cooper reports on the events of the night and how the fraternity responded.
+ The Olympian: South Sound escapes flooding from ‘atmospheric river’ – Experts say flooding continues to be a risk as rainfall is expected to continue through Thursday morning.
*** VIRUS NEWS FROM THE WEEKEND ***
*** NATIONAL NEWS FROM THE WEEKEND ***
*** TRUMP NEWS FROM THE WEEKEND ***
MSNBC’s All In With Chris Hayes: Lawyer who tried to overturn Trump loss appointed to U.S. election board – Lawyer Cleta Mitchell was on the infamous Trump phone call trying to bully Georgia officials into overturning the election. Now she’s advising the agency responsible for making elections more secure.
Rolling Stone via MSN: Trump Was ‘Fact Free’ During Briefings, Says Former National Intelligence Director
Rolling Stone via MSN: Michael Cohen: Trump Pulled Off the ‘Greatest Grift in U.S. History’ [Click here for the full interview on NBC’s Meet The Press.]
Business Insider: Trump’s ex-lawyer Michael Cohen said the investigators looking into the Trump Organization could ‘indict Donald Trump tomorrow’ and be successful [Ed. note: Cohen completed his incarceration and home confinement last week.]
Rolling Stone: Trump’s disgraced national security advisor said in a recorded phone call that the Q movement was “total nonsense” created perhaps by the CIA to “make people look like a bunch of kooks”