Mayor Joe DePinto lists city’s accomplishments in his first 100 days
Click here for this inspiring video in the mayor’s own words.
- Met with all 68 employees, asked each what the city can improve upon and received great ideas, i.e. better hours for city staff and the public.
- Wrapped up all three union negotiations, where the employees received appropriate COLAs now and in the future.
- Capital projects in-process: Mossman Rd. realignment along the golf course to be completed this Spring, water main replacements with new pipes.
- Splash Pad opens on May 28th and includes a Fitness Pad, expanding the park’s gravel parking lot.
- Improving relations with the Nisqually Tribe – including the first time the Tribe hosted the Yelm City Council.
- Reinstating in-person council meetings.
- Progress being made on bring a YMCA to Yelm, is “moving full-speed ahead.”
- Two Top Priorities: Increasing public safety, reducing traffic