| Main |

Incumbents Rep. Herrera Beutler and Newhouse hold narrow leads!
Only one Thurston incumbent running behind – Sheriff Snaza

Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, R-Wash. District 3, speaks in January 2021 as the House debates the objection to confirm the Electoral College vote from Pennsylvania, at the U.S. Capitol. Credit: House Television via AP, file and The Seattle Times

Results from the top races of the Washington state primary

From KING-5 TV News, Seattle:

Here are the top races we’re tracking in the Washington state primary election, including U.S. Senate and the state’s congressional districts.

U.S. Senate

Senator Patty Murray, who is seeking her sixth term in the U.S. Senate, is leading the race with 54% of the vote, following an initial round of returns counted. Republican challenger Tiffany Smiley is trailing Murray with 32%.

Secretary of state

Sen. Steve Hobbs, who was sworn into the position last November following an appointment by Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee to fill the seat, is leading with 41% of votes counted, following an initial round of returns counted. Julie Anderson trails Hobbs with 13%, followed by Republicans Bob Hagglund and Keith Wagoner.

From KIRO-7 TV News, Seattle:

U.S. Congress, District 3

As of Tuesday evening, Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez is out to an early lead with 31.8% of votes, although votes for Republican candidates comprise the remaining 68.2%. Herrera Beutler leads that group of GOP candidates at 24.5%, followed by Joe Kent at 20.1%, and Heidi St. John at 15%.

Washington’s 3rd congressional district includes Lewis, Pacific, Wahkiakum, Clark, Skamania and Klickitat counties, as well as part of southern Thurston county.

U.S. Congress, District 4

Incumbent Republican Rep. Dan Newhouse is leading in his own primary as well, having garnered 27% of votes early on, followed by Democrat Doug White at 26%. Former gubernatorial candidate Loren Culp sits in third at 21.7%, followed by state Rep. Brad Klippert (8.6%) and Navy veteran Jerrod Sessler (10.9%).

Washington’s 4th congressional district encompasses a large area of central Washington, including all of Okanogan, Douglas, Grant, Yakima, Benton and Klickitat counties, as well as parts of Adams and Franklin counties.

Thurston County

+ The Olympian: Only one Thurston County elected official running behind challenger in Tuesday tallies – Sheriff Snaza

Posted by Steve on August 2, 2022 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

Post a comment

No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!

By submitting a comment you grant Yelm Community Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.



Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com