- Editor’s note: Outgoing District 3 Republican Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler was one of 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Donald Trump.
- Remember that in February 2021, Herrera Beutler went public with this story first reported by Punchbowl News and discussed publicly by McCarthy:
- GOP congresswoman says Trump-McCarthy phone call during Capitol riot shows Trump sided with mob
- Trump’s revenge tactics to “Primary” her was by supporting Kent, who defeated her in the Primary.
- Mitch McConnell complained about “candidate quality.”
- Kent is an election denier who supported the Jan. 6 defendants.
- “By flipping the 3rd District, which Democrats had not held since former Rep. Brian Baird retired in 2010, the party will now have eight of Washington’s 10 congressional seats. Herrera Beutler won 22% of the vote in the primary, and how her voters split between Gluesenkamp Perez and Kent may have been the deciding factor in the race,” from The Olympian.
- However, the voters of SW Washington spoke and now defeated candidate Kent, which unexpectedly gave to seat to the Democrats.
- Another Trump endorsed candidate lost a Republican seat to a Democrat.
- Congratulations to the voters for seeing through the charade.
- CBS News: Democrats retain control of Senate with Nevada victory
- Thurston Auditor: Sanders leads Snaza for Sheriff by 54.45%, Menser leads for Commisioner by 56.15%
Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez declared winner in Washington’s 3rd Congressional District
From FOX News via MSN:
The Associated Press has called the House race in Washington state’s 3rd Congressional District for Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez.
Perez currently leads Republican Joe Kent 50.8% to 49.2%, a margin of 4,621 votes, with 70% of votes counted.
The victory for Perez is a Democrat pickup of a seat that has been held by Republicans since 2011.
The seat had been held by Republican Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler who lost in her primary race after being one of the 10 Republicans to vote to impeach former President Donald Trump over his role in the Capitol Hill riot in January 2021.
“What the media says is irrelevant, its another narrative designed to stop voters from ballot curing & to force me to concede – not gonna happen,” Kent tweeted around the time of the AP’s call.
+ NBC News: Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez defeats MAGA Republican Joe Kent, flipping key Washington House seat – In the GOP primary, Kent successfully ousted Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, a Republican who voted to impeach then-President Donald Trump.