- Editor’s note: Yelm writer Michelle Horkings-Brigham published in January 2019 the ground-breaking book CANNABIS, THE CONUNDRUM: Medical Mystery; Environmental Enigma; Neighborhood Nightmare. This book documented marijuana growing operations in rural areas that affect quality of life for landowner neighbors.
- Now, 3 years later, she has co-authored another groundbreaking book on an issue that has also affected rural Thurston County, the dumping of toxic sludge: Sludge Tracker.
- I am very pleased to share this information with Yelm Blog readers.
- Read more from the Press Release.
- Click here to purchase this important book.
Introducing important new book: Sludge Tracker
Co-author Ms. Horkings-Brigham shared this with the Yelm Community Blog:
“Dr. Honour and I put this book together over the past couple of years. I believe it’s an important message and we have done our best to make the topic as interesting, colorful, and informative as possible.
“It’s a tough subject and not an easy topic to convey to the public, yet everyone should be made aware of this monster on our doorstep. Sludge (biosolids) are being spread everywhere and the practice is killing us, literally. I later couldn’t believe the disaster about to unfold in rural Yelm off 128th St. (see blog post). It’s an insidious problem that does have a solution, if only those in positions to protect our and nature’s health would do so. Dr. Honour and I believe it will take the pressure of the public to bring about much needed toxic waste-disposal change within government agencies. I’m hoping Sludge Tracker becomes instrumental in that effort. I’m also hoping people will want to buy the book so that we can reveal more to this story. It has been an intense two-year labor of love but I am immensely proud of the result.“
Click here to purchase.
Read more from the Press Release.