- Editor’s note: Fox News said this in a public statement:
- “We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.”
- Settling this case indicates Fox News knew they were culpable.
- There were tapes of the lies by owner Rupert Murdoch and his high-profile broadcasters!
- The New York Times: The settlement is an implicit admission of wrongdoing by Fox, a rarity from the powerhouse in Republican politics.
- Ari Melber’s Substack comments: Fox News Surrenders in Historic Loss. They lied. They got busted. Now they pay.
Fox News, Dominion Voting Systems reach lawsuit settlement in high-stakes defamation case
Excerpt from CBS News:
Dominion Voting Systems and Fox News have reached a deal to resolve the $1.6 billion defamation case the electronic voting company brought against the cable news giant over unfounded accusations broadcast on its air that Dominion helped rig the 2020 presidential election against former President Donald Trump.
Dominion attorneys told reporters that Fox would pay $787.5 million to settle the lawsuit soon after Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis announced that the “case has been resolved.” Davis had brought the jury and 12 alternates back into the courtroom following a lengthy break in proceedings.
“We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems. We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false,” the network said in a statement.
Post a comment
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Yelm Community Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.