Council member James Blair announced he is moving outside of city limits.
- Editor’s note: Anyone moving their residency knows well in advance of such a move.
- For Mr. Blair to announce for the first time that he was resigning at that meeting due to a move, and without prior notice to the council, his constituents and voters, is disingenuous, at best.
- The council was taken aback, and rightly so.
- Former council members Tad Stillwell, Pat Fetterly, and Mike McGowan all gave plenty of advance notice when they were moving outside of city limits, and each were subsequently feted with a last meeting celebration and acknowledgement.
- While I thank Mr. Blair for his service, this action along with several previous examples, clearly demonstrated Mr. Blair did not have the public interests of Yelm voters as a priority.
Blair announced to the public and city council session that he would not complete his term, ending this December.
Click here for the Yelm City Council video if Tuesday, April 25, 2022 for Blair’s resignation. Start at 1:22.
Council member Blair was elected to Position 1 in November 2019.
Blogger Klein was a supporter and contributor to Mr. Blair’s candidacy for city council in 2017.
October 16, 2017: In Yelm city races: DePinto, Colt and Blair are the best choices –
Votes for the future, not more of the past!
Post a comment
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Yelm Community Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.