“How to help families in Uvalde this Memorial Day Weekend”
“Uvalde is a town of 16,000, smaller than Tumwater, and a low economic area. Before this week, most people never heard of Uvalde unless you were driving Highway 90 between San Antonio and Del Rio, it’s about the halfway mark.”
“The following funds have been established to support the families. [Mary Beth Harrington, CVA,has] worked for or with all of these organizations and know them to be good and reputable.
First State Bank of Uvalde – https://www.fsbuvalde.com/
- Make checks payable to “Robb School Memorial Fund”
- Checks can also be mailed to 200 E. Nopal St., Uvalde, TX 78801
- For Zelle donations, send to email@example.com
Catholic Charities – https://ccaosa.org/catholic-charities-uvalde/
- Catholic Charities is providing emergency financial assistance for family members who need to travel to Uvalde. All services provided to those affected by the school shooting are free to everyone regardless of religious affiliation.
San Antonio Area Foundation – https://saafdn.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/list
- Bexar (pronounced bear) County District Attorney Joe Gonzales announced his office is working with the San Antonio Area Foundation to establish two funds that will turn over 100% of the proceeds to families directly impacted by the shooting or provide long-term assistance to the Uvalde community.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County – www.uwsatx.org/
- The United with Uvalde Fund has been established to support the victims’ families and the community saying 100% of the fund will support the Uvalde community with immediate and long-term mental health resources.
The Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country – www.communityfoundation.net/uvaldestrong
- Established the Uvalde Strong Fund to support victims, their families, and others affected by the mass shooting incident.
- Checks can be made out to Uvalde Strong Fund and mailed to:
Uvalde Strong FundCommunity Foundation of the Texas Hill Country241 Earl Garrett StreetKerrville, Texas 78028
“All donations to these organizations are tax-deductible and by indicating that your donation is for the families in Uvalde, 100% of your donation will go to supporting them. Thank you for your generosity.”