The 2.93 inches of rain yesterday officially recorded at Olympia Regional Airport broke a single day rainfall record for any September 28.
– From the Weather Channel:
At least three cities broke all-time September calendar-day rainfall records on Saturday:
* Seattle-Tacoma Airport: 1.71 inches (previous record 1.65 inches set Sept. 22, 1978 and Sept. 30, 1953)
* Olympia, Wash. Airport: 2.93 inches (previous record 1.67 inches set Sept. 17, 2010)
* Astoria, Ore.: 3.16 inches (previous record 2.67 inches set Sept. 16, 1997)
– Issued by The National Weather Service
Sun, Sep 29, 2013, 4:07 AM PDT
* WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTHWEST INTERIOR… INCLUDING THE TACOMA AREA… AND THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 AM PDT MONDAY…
* WIND… INCREASING FROM THE SOUTH AT 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS AS HIGH AS 55 MPH THIS EVENING.
Post a comment
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
The comments are closed.