South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity Executive Director Curt Andino & Community Partnership Supervisor Addie Candib accept O’Bee Credit Union’s check, along with invited supporters.
Photo courtesy O’Bee Credit Union & Yelm Habitat for Humanity
South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity Staff and guests met at the Yelm Habitat Store on Wednesday, November 27th to accept sponsorship funding from the recently-opened O Bee Credit Union branch in Yelm. O Bee has been an important supporter of Habitat and underscored their commitment by presenting a $5,000 check to Yelm’s Habitat.
O Bee opened a branch in Yelm last month.
O Bee Credit Union donates $5,000 to Yelm’s Habitat for Humaity
Addie Candib, Community Partnership Supervisor for the Olympia-based South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity was present along with Executive Director Curt Andino plus invited supporters to receive the check, covered by Nisqually Valley News Publisher/Editor Michael Wagar for next week’s newspaper.
This was a terrific opportunity to showcase the Yelm Habitat for Humanity location with Store Manager Robert Chamberlain and his staff.
South Sound Habitat for Humanity Restore HFH -Yelm
412 E Yelm Ave.
Yelm, WA. 98597
Phone: (360) 956-3456
Candib also shared recently with the Yelm Community Blog they will be looking for volunteers from the Yelm area to work on their new Lacey site in Spring 2014 and to feature their homeownership program:
South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity is looking for qualified applicants to participate in its homeownership program.
Our program is unique:
– Habitat homes are affordable. We use volunteers to build safe and decent homes.
– It’s a hand up, not a hand out. Habitat homeowners are our partners.
– You own your home. You purchase your home from Habitat for Humanity.
– You help build your home. You get to learn how your home is built so you are prepared to maintain it.
– Your payments help others. With each mortgage payment, Habitat owners help build homes for others. – –
– Habitat finances homeownership. We offer zero interest loans to qualified applicants to purchase Habitat homes. Our average monthly mortgage payment is about $750.
Are you eligible? Do you qualify?
To learn more, click here: Homeownership Program Website