– Yelm Mayor Ron Harding reportedly accepts City Administrator post in Oregon town
* Harding’s last day as Yelm’s Mayor is August 9, reportedly becoming City Administrator in Aumsville, OR, replacing Maryann Hills, who left to take on new challenges after serving almost 21 years as City Administrator. Read more
* A formal announcement will be made of Harding’s new Aumsville, OR. position on July 26
* City Council must appoint interim mayor within 90 days to fill term until Nov. 2017 election
* City Council will then have to appoint an interim City Councilor to fill that vacated seat
* Tues., July 26 is mayor’s last City Council session, July 27 is last Mayor’s Report at Study Session
* Harding’s leaving echoes other high-profile staff departures: City Admin., Public Works Dir., Comm. Dev. staff, etc.
– “Thurston plastic bag ban survey reveals a mixed bag of results”
* Results of plastic bag ban survey shared with Thurston County commissioners
* Survey required at two-year mark of ban
* Results will be shared with other bag-ban cities
“Thurston County’s recently completed plastic bag ban survey of businesses indicates waste is down but costs are up for businesses the ban affects,” by Rolf Boone, The Olympian.
– “Vehicle fees may rise for unincorporated Thurston County resident”
* Public hearing on the proposal set for 5:30 p.m. Aug. 16
“Drivers who live in unincorporated Thurston County could soon face a $20 per vehicle annual license fee to help raise money for transportation projects.
In their role as the Thurston County Transportation Benefit District (TBD) Board, the three-member Board of County Commissioners agreed Tuesday [July 19] to set a public hearing on the fee proposal,” quoting Lisa Pemberton, The Olympian.