© National Association of Town Watch.
National Night Out™ is a registered trademark of NATW
– National Night Out Against Crime in the City of Yelm – August 2nd
On Tuesday, August 2nd, neighborhoods throughout the City of Yelm are encouraged to come together to join forces with thousands for communities nationwide for the 33rd Annual National Night Out Against Crime Event. National Night Out will involve over 16,728 communities from all 50 states, territories, Canadian cities and military bases around the world. In all, 38.3 million people are expected to participate.
National Night Out is designed to:
(1) Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
(2) Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime efforts;
(3) Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
(4) Send a message to criminals letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
From 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Yelm residents are encouraged to attend the National Night Out Against Crime Event that will take place at the Yelm Community Center. There will be food and beverages available as well as displays for the children and Officers to speak to and meet. This is a night for America to stand together to promote awareness, safety and unity. National Night Out showcases the vital importance of police-community partnerships and citizen involvement in our fight to build a safer nation,” quoting co-hosts, the City of Yelm and the Police Department.