– The Olympia-Lacey-Tumwater Visitor & Convention Bureau unveils news branding
On Thursday, May 11th, the Olympia-Lacey-Tumwater Visitor & Convention Bureau unveiled their new branding promoting their
* new name: “Experience Olympia and Beyond”
* updated theme, “A getaway to Thurston County nurtures your creative side, giving you full permission to explore something new.”
This new branding, new name, and new website highlights the diversity and creativity to experience not only the Olympia area, yet what lies beyond Olympia in all of Thurston County.
Read more and check-out this dynamic new website.
– The new “Experience Olympia and Beyond” highlights Yelm and our area attractions
Click here to see how Yelm and vicinity are promoted.
Experience Olympia and Beyond
located on the Washington State Capitol Campus
103 Sid Snyder Ave SW
Phone: (360) 704-7544
– What does Thurston County taste like?
The Olympia Lacey Tumwater Visitor and Convention Bureau (VCB) held a public vote last month covered on this blog, “What does Thurston County taste like?”
The VCB (now Experience Olympia and Beyond) joined with Ice Chips founders/owners Charlotte Clary and Bev Vines-Haines to create a candy that “represents the flavor of the region,” according to the news release.
The choices were narrowed to these for the voting: Apple Fritter, Artesian Rain (infused with mint) and Coffee Rain.
Apple Fritter (apple with cinnamon spice flavors) was the announced winner.
The description of Ice Chips Apple Fritters: Inspired by the area’s famous farm fresh fritters, the candy is fused with the fresh taste of apples reminiscent of a trip down the Thurston Bountiful Byway.