Photo credit: KING 5 TV News, Seattle
– “Raw Milk/Cheese Are Undergoing a Renaissance as Artisanal Foods Rise in Popularity”
* Raw Milk Has Been Wrongfully Demonized
* To Be Safe, Raw Dairy Cows Must Be Raised on Pasture
* The Benefits of Raw Milk
* How to Identify a High-Quality Producer of Raw Milk
* Where to Buy Raw Milk, and What to Do if it’s Not Legal in Your State
By Dr. Mercola.
– “Big Dairy Continues War Against Farmers and Raw Milk”
* According to a CDC report, dairy consumption causes an average of 760 illnesses and 22 hospitalizations a year, of which they claim 96 percent are caused by contaminated unpasteurized milk
* The study specifically looked at raw dairy contaminated with Escherichia coli, salmonella, listeria and campylobacter — the latter of which is commonly found contaminating chicken CAFOs and produce
* The war against raw milk has been one of the most successful, fear-based campaigns ever created to monopolize an industry
“Increasing numbers of Americans are seeking out unpasteurized, or raw, dairy products — both for the health benefits and the flavor. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), meanwhile, has released a report that’s clearly an attempt to squelch the growing enthusiasm for obtaining farm-fresh foods like raw milk and cheese,” by Dr. Mercola.
– “Making the Decision to Switch to Raw Milk”
* Why Make the Switch to Raw Milk?
* International Dairy Foods Association Tries to Halt Raw Milk Movement
* CDC Twists Raw Milk Data to Make It Seem More Dangerous
* The Hypocrisy in Banning Raw Milk While ‘Legal” Foods Kill Millions
By Dr. Mercola.
– “Co-op Members and Their Farmers Resist Questionable Raw Milk Laws”
“Cornucopia’s Take: Cornucopia believes everyone should have the choice to eat the diet that they believe provides them the healthiest and most nutritious food. And we believe that the family farmers who produce it deserve to be fairly compensated. We defend the rights of dairy farmers to produce and market raw dairy products and the rights of consumers to make informed purchasing decisions in the marketplace,” by The Cornucopia Institute.
– Editor’s Note: I have visited this raw milk producer & support their work
Dungeness Valley Creamery
“The Dungeness Valley Creamery is a family owned and operated raw milk dairy located in Sequim, WA. We practice the most clean and sanitary conditions from the milking parlor to our customers. We eat and drink what we produce, and are proud to be a provider of this high quality natural food throughout Western Washington.”
Sold in Yelm at the Yelm Food Co-op.