Mount Rainier’s Historic Inns and Lodges
Photo courtesy: Jeff and Sonja Anderson
* Seattleites Jeff & Sonja Anderson discovered historical images of the park,
* They were on a family trip to Paradise Inn and wanted to know more.
* They culled an extensive collection of images at Mt. Rainier National Park Archives.
* The Andersons preserved this historical information in a new book.
* Yelm’s role in the park’s history is covered.
– About the book
“Mount Rainier’s Historic Inns and Lodges came about by accident! During the summer of 2015, we took our college-aged daughters to Paradise for a few days in order to spend some time with them. We really enjoyed looking at the historical images of Paradise Inn that lined the hallway, and my husband went into the gift shop to buy one of those brown books by Arcadia that would have some of those images inside. He was told that it didn’t exist. When he asked, a park ranger said, “Why don’t you write it!” When Jeff found out that the images were available to the public through the archives in Ashford, we wrote to Arcadia, they loved the idea, and we got started!” by Maria Marshall, The Picture Book Buzz – Interview with Sonja Anderson.
– Book-signing July 1st
The Andersons will be be doing a book-signing on July 1st at Paradise Inn on Mount Rainier during the centennial activities (11am), and also at the Federal Way Barnes and Noble on July 9th from 1-3pm.