– “Pac-12 announces Baseball Players of the Week”
“The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that CALIFORNIA’s Andrew Vaughn was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week and WASHINGTON STATE’S Parker McFadden was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week.”
“Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Parker McFadden, Jr., RHP, Washington State (Yelm, Wash.)”
• McFadden earned the win as four Washington State pitchers combined for a no-hitter against Santa Clara (5-0) on Sunday.
• Threw the first five innings in his first start since 2016 and struck out four batters, walked two and hit one in the program’s 26th no-hitter in school history.
• WSU recorded its second no-hitter of the season (April 8) the first time since 1976 the program posted multiple no-hitters in one season. Marks the fourth no-hitter in the Pac-12 this season, which ties for the most in a single season in Conference history.
• Made an appearance in WSU’s midweek matchup versus Gonzaga for a total of 6.1 innings without allowing a hit along with seven strike outs.
• Collects first career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award and Washington State’s 79th all-time weekly honor.
By Pac-12 Conference, April 23, 2018.