Grave-site of James Longmire, one of Yelm’s first veterans
* The Yelm Cemetery issues of the past are over.
* Changes in staff have fine-tuned the whole organization.
* The Yelm Cemetery Board and Staff invite the public to come visit.
* The Yelm Cemetery taxing district encompasses SE Thurston and SW Pierce Counties.
* This writer has met woth the board and/or staff on three recent occasions.
* Jessica Caldwell, Home Funeral Guide & Founder of The Northwest Green Burial Project
recently spoke with the Board about becoming this region’s first Green Burial sites.
I have recently visited and met separately with the office staff, and all together twice with the Board.
The issues of the past are over and the Yelm Cemetery reflects that, as the property has never looked better.
We have quite an asset in our midst, one which our community should visit to see how their property taxes are used and to take pride in such a fine facility.
Click here for the new Yelm Cemetery informational brochure.
Click here for the new Yelm Cemetery Newsletter.
– Yelm Cemetery Officials
Elected Board of Directors:
Position #1 Darlene E. Baker
Term Ending Nov 2019
Position #2 Judith M. Cusick
Term Ending Nov 2021
Position #3 Gary Sortor
Term Ending Nov 2017
Wendy Dionne-Rivers, Office Manager
Oscar Sweaney, Grounds Manager
Betty Kitchen, Office Clerk
11540 Cemetery Rd SE
Yelm, Wa 98597
Tell the Yelm Cemetery staff you read about them on the Yelm Community Blog!